IGNORED

Apogee Duet 2 or RME Babyface?

If you were looking for a portable dac/headphone amp, which would you pick and why?

Has anyone heard these two devices? Would you expect the RME Babyface will sound similar to my Fireface? How does the Apogee Duet sound, anyone know? Ease of use and functionality?

No electron left behind.

I am a long-term RME user and don't know but my mind just can't set up for any other stuff no matter how hard I try. I always go back to RME. One of the reason which is pretty well known is its steadyclock, extremely quiet. I am very much used to of Totalmix and enjoy all my EQ mixing.

I also pair it up with my RME ADI-2 and SPL Phonitor.

The interconnects on RME are noticible better than I found in most other equipments.

Fireface undobutedly a great choice too with lots of other options. I am pretty much set to get Fireface UFX.

Well, its a matter of your personal choice actually at the end. Both Duet 2 and Babyface are excellent. RME works best in my setup.

Honestly I prefer the Apogee products for sound. Their sound signature is less "digital" to me than products from RME. I've heard every piece of RME gear except the Babyface and every piece of Apogee gear except their new Symphony I/O interface. I don't dislike RME and I think their drivers are solid and are a respectable company but for sound Apogee is my pick. The Apogee Duet is a great piece for the money. The Apogee Duet 2 uses newer conversion technology that has trickled down from their flagship Symphony I/O converter. The Apogee Duet 2 has a more open sound and it's more balanced throughout the entire frequency range. There's more clarity in the midrange with the Duet 2 whereas the original Duet had scooped out mids and a slightly bumped up midbass that give it a warmer sound. I think the better bet is the Apogee Duet 2 first for sound, secondly, it would save you money. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either interface. You might be able to demo both of them through Sweetwater.com or if not buy both and return one device. Just my honest opinion.

david is hear[br]http://www.tuniverse.tv