IGNORED

McCartney I and McCartney II

except for the automated reply that my message had been received last week.

I asked them when they would be provided a properly tagged set of downloads (like the ones on HDTracks apparently are).

For the premium price we pay for these hi-res rips, it seems to me to be unprofessional, to say the least, not to at least have the tracks tagged completely and correctly. Really, I don't think this is being picky. Yes, I could add the tags myself, but I should not have to.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

I remember that when the first Topspin debacle occurred with 'Band On The Run' a representative from Topspin named 'Phoebe' used this site to try and communicate so you could try PMing them; you can find them on this thread:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Band-Run-Download-Troubles-ZIP-archive

It didn't do much good then but you never know.........

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how HD Tracks did it, but this is exactly what audiophiles have been asking for: no compression/limiting added by the mastering engineer -- just the recording in all its glory (and minor flaws). I'm very happy that the Chesky brothers are working to give us high def releases without dynamic compression. Hopefully this will be the first of many.

And it sounds great.

Take care -- Mark B

Mac Mini, Pure Music, iTunes, Lynx Hilo, Merrill Taranis amp, Seta Piccola phono preamp, Phil Jones Platinum Reference One speakers, Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

The compression/limiting of HDTracks downloads (other than Chesky Records releases, presumably), or the lack thereof, is not engineered by the Chesky brothers. HDTracks just sell what the record companies give them or what Puget extracts from SACDs or DVDs for them.

The marketing of overcompressed and dynamically-brickwalled releases as being 'audiophile' quality regardless of the sample rate or bit depth does anger me, though.