IGNORED

Not getting bit perfect digital output from Asus Essenxc STX and J River

When I try to use the digital output of my Asus Essence STX soundcard I can not get transparent digital output from my PC.

Configuration is ASIO output, ASIO4all device.

In this configuration when I play a file 24/96 or 24/192 the digital output send the sample rate selected in the asus software, if 24/96 is selected there you go, and so on..

So I need to change this in this interface to get no SRC going on.

If I try the new driver Asus Sonar Essence STX Audio as the device ,I receive a message saying, play can not start in Asio output using this format 192khz 64 bits per sample 2 channels this format is not compatible with your hardware....

Driver version of the card is 5.12.8.17731, supposed to be asio compatible and able to output digital 44,1 48 88,2 96, 176,4 and 192 in windows XP 64 and 32.

This is quite annoying as far as I am using the MF DAC M1 and sample rates are indicated in the front panel and I can see the digital output not following changes in the sample rates of the files played.So clearly not bit perfect transparent output.

I am missing something in the configuration or with the driver?

My PC is on Windows XP 32 , can be this the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Yes I read it carefully but, in ASIO mode configuration, I can not see where to configure ASIO for 24 bits and 50ms latency.

I see the green ASIO icon and opening it, can see the Asus Essence audio device input and output configured as 32 bit.

In Kernel streaming mode I only able to see and select Asus Sonar Essence STX Audio as device ,no other is available.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Did I read correctly you have ASIO4All installed, if so remove it. Asus Xonar has it's own ASIO drivers.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I uninstalled the ASIO4ALL driver, so the only driver available to select as device in configuring the ASIO output of JRMC15 was the Asus Essence STX ASIO.The problem remains unchanged, I can not play any file, regardless of sample rate because always get this message that the file is not compatible with my hardware.....

Thanks anyway.

I starting to think in reinstalling the soundcard....uf!!!