IGNORED

random audio sources that require streaming

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there has a solution.

I've been streaming audio to Bricasti M1 SE network DAC for a few years now. I've gone the whole journey optimizing the network.

Network audio is the way to go for audio in my opinion.

That's all fine for most common music sources via computer, server streams and music via Qobuz etc. I currently use Bubble UPNP as controller and MinimServer 2 as local server (dedicated fanless computer) with the DAC Bricasti as renderer.

I'm moving towards room correction with multichannel DAC still via wired ethernet/network audio with renderer built into the DAC. I'm leaning towards some combination of Roon or HQPlayer or possibly Audirvana to introduce the required convolutions.

The problem is getting my TV audio into the Network stream. It's easy to get the audio into the DAC without room correction, just run optical out into the DAC. Harder once convolutions and digital crossovers have been applied through software.

So I naively purchased a used Cambridge 851 N network player to bridge that gap because it offered optical inputs. It also has a built in DAC which was not needed and I hadn't planned to use the DAC. Suprise! Optical input only goes to the internal DAC: not able to be served up on the Network with UPNP/DLNA protocol. 

There must be any easy answer to this kind of issue but I haven't found it. Google it and you'll get thousands of solutions to get network audio stream TO your smart TV, not out. I realize most folks use AV Reciever and 2 channel preamps with pass through etc. I've been down that road too. Something like 7.1 cinema doesn't really interest me. I enjoy movies with a great 2.1 channel system just fine thanks.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

dtune - happy listening

6 minutes ago, dtune said:

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there has a solution.

I've been streaming audio to Bricasti M1 SE network DAC for a few years now. I've gone the whole journey optimizing the network.

Network audio is the way to go for audio in my opinion.

That's all fine for most common music sources via computer, server streams and music via Qobuz etc. I currently use Bubble UPNP as controller and MinimServer 2 as local server (dedicated fanless computer) with the DAC Bricasti as renderer.

I'm moving towards room correction with multichannel DAC still via wired ethernet/network audio with renderer built into the DAC. I'm leaning towards some combination of Roon or HQPlayer or possibly Audirvana to introduce the required convolutions.

The problem is getting my TV audio into the Network stream. It's easy to get the audio into the DAC without room correction, just run optical out into the DAC. Harder once convolutions and digital crossovers have been applied through software.

So I naively purchased a used Cambridge 851 N network player to bridge that gap because it offered optical inputs. It also has a built in DAC which was not needed and I hadn't planned to use the DAC. Suprise! Optical input only goes to the internal DAC: not able to be served up on the Network with UPNP/DLNA protocol. 

There must be any easy answer to this kind of issue but I haven't found it. Google it and you'll get thousands of solutions to get network audio stream TO your smart TV, not out. I realize most folks use AV Reciever and 2 channel preamps with pass through etc. I've been down that road too. Something like 7.1 cinema doesn't really interest me. I enjoy movies with a great 2.1 channel system just fine thanks.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

The way I would do this, which isn't the way others may do it, is to use an Arvus H1-D. It converts HDMI to AES67. Once you have AES67 the data is on the network and can be routed to a computer for convolution. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks Chris! Yes a perfect solution except price. I was hoping to keep it under $1000. Considering what the Arvus H1-D does the pricing seems a bit steep to me. Hopefully something more cost effective pops up.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

dtune - happy listening

Thanks Chris! Yes a perfect solution except price. I was hoping to keep it under $1000. Considering what the Arvus H1-D does the pricing seems a bit steep to me. Hopefully something more cost effective pops up.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Edit: Looking closer at the Arvus H1-D it is capable to 16 channels with remote control.

I was hoping to find 2 channel bare bones (no remote) converter for my application.

dtune - happy listening