IGNORED

Roon “ To claim your discount, reply "proceed" to this email.”

I’m experiencing a bewildering situation with Roon, I wondered if anyone else has had the same?

On Monday, after ending a free trial, Roon invited me to buy with a discount “..To claim your discount, reply "proceed" to this email.”. 

Email looked genuine ([email protected]) so I replied.  After 24 hrs I heard nothing, so I sent a reminder to same address , 24 hrs later nothing still so sent an enquiry on their web form.  Another day passed and still no reply or access to Roon, so posted a query  on the Roon forum, which was declined and apparently sent as a note  to accounts within a few minutes.  24 hrs on from that, still no Roon access nor a response to any of my queries.  

Could this original email be a scam, or is this just a taste of Roon customer service  post takeover?

Can you look at the email sending links? One can tell by that. I mean looking at where the email came from.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Thanks, I checked email header and seems genuine from Roon.com.

Really odd though that I got no reply whatsoever in the last 7 days from my 2 emails to [email protected], nor from a enquiry via the Roon webform, nor from  posting on the forum.

I guess they don’t want new customers?   I think I’ll stick with JPlay for iOS.

1 hour ago, Norton said:

Thanks, I checked email header and seems genuine from Roon.com.

Really odd though that I got no reply whatsoever in the last 7 days from my 2 emails to [email protected], nor from a enquiry via the Roon webform, nor from  posting on the forum.

I guess they don’t want new customers?   I think I’ll stick with JPlay for iOS.

Well, they may be having reorganization pains, since Harman bought them. That and the fact they were tied with MQA, developed from the same company, doesn't help.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects