IGNORED

How to direct DSD 128, 256 or 512 files from NAS drive to the USB "B" input on Gold Note DS-10 Plus?

Question

I have a rather nice Gold Note DS-10 Plus streaming DAC, which will "play nice" with DSD 64 files served up to DS-10 Plus through its Ethernet socket; I use the GN control app to do that, pointing the DS-10 to the MinimServer-managed material on the Multimedia folder of my QNAP NAS dive. 

Where I need help from gurus here is in understanding how to get higher-res DSD files (up to DSD 512 f/s, in theory, according the User Manual for the DS-10 Plus) recognised and played by the Gold Note DS-10 Plus. 

The User Manual for the DS-10 Plus makes it clear that such >64 f/s DSD files need to be fed to it via the USB B socket on the rear panel. 

Link to the manual: https://www.goldnote.it/download/manual/DS-10.pdf 

But how to achieve that, and what control software to use

As I understand it, the USB standards only accommodate a maximum USB cable length of 5 metres.

I could perhaps drag my (large) MacBook pro into the same room as the hi-fi kit, and connect a USB C to USB B cable from the MacBook to the back of the DS-10 Plus, and juggle with e.g. Audirvana Plus or some other fancy software on the MacBook to do this .... but that seems a horribly clunky approach (and rather ties up my MacBook). 

I'm asking because I've downloaded a few DSD 128 and DSD 256 files (via NativeDSD and HDTT), and I'd like to appreciate what they have to offer. through the DS-10 Plus, which is not cheap, and which is clearly specified as able to recognise DSD files of high resolution, up to 512 f/s.

I realise this is an extremely basic question, am just looking for suggestions for a practical way to get high-res DSD files into the DS-10 Plus through its rear panel USB B socket ...

Can some helpful soul to whom this is more obvious perhaps help here?

(If it helps, I am not a ROON user - should I be? The DS-10 Plus is I believe ROON-certified.)

Thanks in advance ... 

Sidemounter, Guildford, UK

QNAP NAS drive, Naim HDX-SSD, Gold Note DS-10 Plus + Gold Note PSU, Linn Klimax 320A (active) speakers, Sunfire Signature sub-woofer

1 answer to this question

3 minutes ago, Sidemounter said:

I have a rather nice Gold Note DS-10 Plus streaming DAC, which will "play nice" with DSD 64 files served up to DS-10 Plus through its Ethernet socket; I use the GN control app to do that, pointing the DS-10 to the MinimServer-managed material on the Multimedia folder of my QNAP NAS dive. 

Where I need help from gurus here is in understanding how to get higher-res DSD files (up to DSD 512 f/s, in theory, according the User Manual for the DS-10 Plus) recognised and played by the Gold Note DS-10 Plus. 

The User Manual for the DS-10 Plus makes it clear that such >64 f/s DSD files need to be fed to it via the USB B socket on the rear panel. 

Link to the manual: https://www.goldnote.it/download/manual/DS-10.pdf 

But how to achieve that, and what control software to use

As I understand it, the USB standards only accommodate a maximum USB cable length of 5 metres.

I could perhaps drag my (large) MacBook pro into the same room as the hi-fi kit, and connect a USB C to USB B cable from the MacBook to the back of the DS-10 Plus, and juggle with e.g. Audirvana Plus or some other fancy software on the MacBook to do this .... but that seems a horribly clunky approach (and rather ties up my MacBook). 

I'm asking because I've downloaded a few DSD 128 and DSD 256 files (via NativeDSD and HDTT), and I'd like to appreciate what they have to offer. through the DS-10 Plus, which is not cheap, and which is clearly specified as able to recognise DSD files of high resolution, up to 512 f/s.

I realise this is an extremely basic question, am just looking for suggestions for a practical way to get high-res DSD files into the DS-10 Plus through its rear panel USB B socket ...

Can some helpful soul to whom this is more obvious perhaps help here?

(If it helps, I am not a ROON user - should I be? The DS-10 Plus is I believe ROON-certified.)

Thanks in advance ... 

Sidemounter, Guildford, UK

QNAP NAS drive, Naim HDX-SSD, Gold Note DS-10 Plus + Gold Note PSU, Linn Klimax 320A (active) speakers, Sunfire Signature sub-woofer

A device like this will do it. 

https://www.sonore.us/Signature-Rendu-SE.html

Same server and control point you already use. Set the Rendu into UPnP mode, connect the USB output to your DAC and you’re good. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png