IGNORED

Rpi Volumio alternatives for large libraries

1 minute ago, Mike Rubin said:

Have any of you used PiCorePlayer

Hi Mike, PiCorePlayer is a good alternative and “quite” easy to setup, you need anyway to “fight” with a steep learning curve

But reading about your setup it seems that your nas and the Okto must be working anyway, they are the center of your system, therefore I suggest to go with RoPieee with a UPNP setup.

This is the easiest setup to manage and maintain, you just need to have Minimserver running on your nas, configure RoPieee as a UPNP renderer and use a upnp control app on your smartphone/tablet like JPlay for iOS (are you still using it?), MConnect Player or Bubbleupnp (Android only)

Hope this can help

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ah yes. Thanks for the reminder. 

I wonder if Rpi5 would work though. Okto has instructions for adding a Pi in the manual and perhaps they aren’t upgraded to mention the 5. 

It would be interesting to know how much ram has the Okto rpi4, if just 1GB or 2GB that could be the bottleneck and maybe the pi4 8GB version could solve the issue

Stefano

My audio system

2 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Heck, Volumio wouldn't work on my Ryzen 9 4900H. It is how Volumio is coded, not the processor. That was on a 16 GB memory mini-PC.

It’s quite different , as of now there aren’t rpi4 apps (like RoPieee, HQPlayer …) that can run on rpi5 because, as I could understand, the boot loader is different … therefore we’ll have to wait that the specific rpi5 is out

Stefano

My audio system