IGNORED

Shanling ET3 CD Transport

On 1/4/2024 at 3:27 PM, creativepart said:

Received my Shanling ET3 cd transport yesterday - so I haven't had more than 24 hours of break-in but in general this is a good sounding CD transport. I do have personal experience with 3 other CD Transports, including the Jay's Audio CDT2-MK3, Audiolab and Cambridge Audio. And I find this little "player" to be pretty competent  and nice to use.

Compared to the Jay's Audio they are fairly similar, with the Shanling being a bit darker sounding overall. Not DARK but just not as bright as the CDT2-MK3.

My initial impression is that it's sonic signature is similar to the Audiolab 6000CDT. But I like the top loading CD mechanism vastly better than the CD Slot loading Audiolab. The price is pretty right too. The 6000CDT ($599) is priced fairly close to the ET3 ($729). Close enough to be added to your list if you're thinking of adding a CD Transport.

IMG_4878.jpg

I just got one today.  I probably haven't had a CD transport in my system for more than an hour over the past decade or so.

It sounds great!  I'm using its I2S output, but I'll probably try other outputs in the coming week. 

• 2 weeks later...