IGNORED

mConnect Player HD no longer will display Menu for adding a track to Playlists, Favorites, Queue, etc. for Qobuz

Have an odd problem that just developed in last 2 weeks on my friends mConnect Player HD App while using Qobuz. His setup is the Mconnect PlayerHD app on an iPad with Qobuz only streaming to an Aavik S-280 Streamer.

Just recently, while a track is playing, he cannot hit the "3 vertical dots" on the far right of another track to open up that option menu. When he touches those vertical dots, that specific track begins to play; the menu does NOT appear. This means that he cannot add tracks to a playlist or to the Queue. It ALWAYS worked perfectly until recently. No idea what changed.

We have: (a) updated his iPad to most recent iOS version (b) deleted the mConnect app and re-installed (b) changed the "Play TO" selection to his iPad directly instead of his Aavik streamer (c) unplugged his Aavik streamer and tried Playing to just the iPad with the Aavik disconnected.  (b) & (c) would seem to completely eliminate his Aavik as the culprit. Nothing so far has fixed the issue.

Now, here is what's odd:

- He also uses the Aavik control app which is the same mConnect Player app with just Aavik branding. This now has EXACTLY the same problem. And, the issue with the menu does not work either if he plays to iPad directly.

- I use different streamers, but I have the same current version mConnect App and current iPad iOS version and I do NOT have this issue; works perfectly either to my streamers (Sonore RenduSE or Bricasti M1SE) or to the iPad itself.

So, in summary, no matter what Player is set on my friend's mConnect Player HD, with Qobuz he has lost the ability to open a particular track's option menu and add that track to the Queue, Playlist etc. This just recently occurred. 

He has no other streaming service and no local files. Only Qobuz is set up on the mConnect app.

The ConversDigital website is no help. 

Hoping someone smarter than me has some ideas!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Tom

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 12:17 AM, Afveep said:

Now, here is what's odd:

- He also uses the Aavik control app which is the same mConnect Player app with just Aavik branding. This now has EXACTLY the same problem. And, the issue with the menu does not work either if he plays to iPad directly.

- I use different streamers, but I have the same current version mConnect App and current iPad iOS version and I do NOT have this issue; works perfectly either to my streamers (Sonore RenduSE or Bricasti M1SE) or to the iPad itself.

So, in summary, no matter what Player is set on my friend's mConnect Player HD, with Qobuz he has lost the ability to open a particular track's option menu and add that track to the Queue, Playlist etc. This just recently occurred.

The Aavik S-280 is using a Conversdigital mconnect streamer board which can only be controlled by Conversdigital's mconnect Control (aka Mcontrol) series of apps, not Conversdigital's mconnect Player  series of apps (which are for controlling Chromecast devices & standard UPnP renderer containing streamers such as your Sonore & Briscati). See:

https://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2022/6/9/ijrv97bybjaybjn7uaq6smcvox0ppn

the Aavik was not recognized by my iPhone “MConnect” UPnP app I used with success for the S-180. The Aavik Facebook users group suggested a different app, “M control”. As soon as I researched the accurate name in the App Store, typed in “mconnect control” and downloaded it, the Aavik S-280 was in the UPnP list.

https://conversdigital.com/eng/product/product03.php

image.png.fcba35351a401d18fab38e8941753ecd.png

This also means that the Aavik control app is a branded version of the mconnect Control HD app, not the mconnect Player HD app.

Hence you were not using the same app in your own tests.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi Cebolla,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is odd as we definitely downloaded the PlayerHD app. See attached screenshot of the version of my own app, which worked when I myself had an Aavik streamer (I have not changed the app since then). I had my friend originally download the same Player app and it worked for him as well and still does work with Aavik except for this missing menu option which  just recently broke. However, your explanation and the supplied chart do make sense.

Nevertheless, I just had my friend with the issue download the mconnect CONTROL app as you suggest and try that. Unfortunately, same issue: the option menu to add that track to the Queue, Playlist etc.is no longer working, on either the branded Aavik app or ANY mConnect app.  

Obviously, something changed. He has updated the iPad to latest version OS and checked that he has the latest Aavik app version (1.20). The only thing I can think of is possibly some corruption occurred in the Aavik streamer itself with the Conversdigital firmware? Just doesn't seem likley, but that is the only common element.

Are there any other Apps for playing Qobuz to this hardware? (Aside from Roon and pending maybe the some-day Qobuz connect app)

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 11.19.01 AM.jpeg

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)