IGNORED

How to cut DSD files without converting to PCM?

GoldenOne

So I am needing to edit some DSD files and am having a surprising amount of trouble doing so.
I need to simply cut about 10 seconds of audio from the beginning and end of the file, WITHOUT altering the rest, meaning without either reprocessing anything or converting to PCM.

I've tried quite a few options and am having no luck thus far.

Sound Forge Pro: Does not accept my .DSF files despite supposedly supporting DSD (and good lord their support ticket system is the worst)
Xrecode: Cannot do the edits I'm wanting without reprocessing
TASCAM Hi-Res Editor: No DSD512 Support
Sound IT! Pro: Crashes upon trying to import a DSD512 file
EZ CD Audio Converter: No DSD512 Support

Korg AudioGate: Requires purchase of a hardware product (and unclear whether it'll do what I'm wanting anyway)

Does anyone know of any way to do a simple cut or split of a DSD file without needing to first convert to PCM? Even if it's some manual/awkward process, I've absolutely no idea where to look currently as all the options I've tried don't work for the reasons listed above.

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

13 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

Doesn't seem that this supports DSF unfortunately :(
Also can't run on windows

I used it on Windows to produce demo 48k based DSF files for testing:

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 minutes ago, bogi said:

I used it on Windows to produce demo 48k based DSF files for testing:

Ah ok will do some more digging, seemed from the documentation it was Mac/POSIX supported OS only.

Do you know if it can trim the DSD file without then needing to actually resample/modulate/process stuff? ie: Leave the middle bit bitperfect?

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

I didn't try that. You can try to reach mansr at ASR forum, maybe he remembers enough to let you know if simple splitting without re-encoding could work with his mod.

If you would like to do also fading in/out, that would of course require content decoding and encoding.

If a simple split tool (no decoding/encoding) is of interest, maybe @Miska could suggest something.

The PCM to DSD conversion command I used with mansr's SoX mod is for example:
sox track.wav track.dsf rate -v 6144000 sdm

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 3 weeks later...