IGNORED

HQPlayer Convolution Question

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, Erik Haas said:

if I’m using Audiolense and pulling sweeps @ 96khz does it make sense to create filters at rates higher than this?

I have been generating filters @ 352.8khz but not sure if it’s worth doing so.

Yes, my recommendation is to generate filters for 352.8k. Then you don't need to use the "HF Expand" option and the filters sufficiently cover all PCM and DSD content.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, sledwards said:

@Miska I’m using 8 channels of convolution in the matrix pipeline and am observing a behavior that isn’t what I would expect. With a saved profile loaded and working, if I make a configuration change and hit ‘apply’, the values in the pipeline change to values of an old profile I used to use which was long ago deleted. Where is the program obtaining these values and why are they being loaded with a configuration change? I an running 5.5.0 Embedded.

It is same behaviour on both Embedded and Desktop. When you click Apply in Embedded, or OK in Desktop, the currently shown settings are saved as the unnamed default matrix setup that is loaded when you start HQPlayer, or select the "[Default]" profile in Client. When you click Load in either one, the profile is loaded as the currently active one, equivalent of selecting another profile in Client.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers