IGNORED

usbridge sig - my driver fix for popping isn't working

Hi.  I had been using allo Katana and allo USBridge Signature playing Roon on Ropieee.  Had to shuffle the he gear around and messed something up.  

Long story short when I tried reflashing discovered current Ropieee no longer works w USBridge Signature.  I looked into Moode audio, and that works.  I struggled because I like Roon very much, and have a long way to go before I'm used to Moode.

Got some help on Moode forum, where as I understand it I read that the ASIX driver is only needed for real high DSD.  Since my files are no higher than 24/192 flac, they work just fine on current Moode and USBridge Signature.  There's a lot I don't get, but this is working.

Just in case you're looking for something else to try.  The sound from this is so good.  It is terrible to have to scramble to keep allo products useful, without allo.  Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

well, I'm getting the impression we won't be hearing anything from Allo, it looks like their club here doesn't exist, not that they were offering support there anyway. I think the method I used to fix the driver downloaded a driver from allo on the web which isn't available any more. I know moode used to even advertise usbridge support as a feature. My use case was Tidal connect, which isn't available with moode, so I'm just running an optical cable direct from my pc for now. I'll probably just end up getting a Bluesound Node...