IGNORED

Raspberry Pi 5

bobfa

On 9/29/2023 at 11:10 PM, Miska said:

So at the moment, it is not possible to support that on ARM platforms, even if one would want to

@Miska you seem to have experience with the RAVENNA driver. On bitbucket they write: "While the Butler OEM build may be build for multiple architecture (ARM, ARM64, x86, x86_64), the public Butler is built for the x86_64 architecture only"

On the other hand there exists this project which implements a "daemon communicates with the driver [Merging Technologies ALSA RAVENNA/AES67 Driver] for control, configuration and status monitoring". They also test is on a Armbian NanoPi NEO2.
Also audio-linux is using the Merging driver to implement a virtual ALSA audio device on a Raspberry Pi 4 and 5.

I am curious about using AES67 on a Raspberry Pi 5, especially since it brings a Gigabit Ethernet with support of Precision Time Protocol (PTP). I wonder if that is beneficial for lower latencies?

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm doing some really cool stuff on my new Pi 5, and preparing an article for next week. 

Question: Has anyone got a realtime kernel working on the 5?

No, but I am also interested.

I looked into using Yocto since I used it before for an other board. But I don't know if rt linux is supported in that layer.
Anyway, I am looking forward to your article.