IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS and iPadOS Review

I  am considering the purchase of JPlay for some time now (I am using an Aries, the Auralic-app is not bad, but it's quite 'basic' ).

I could use Audirvana or JRiver (I use both), but I do not want to use a laptop in our home setup (I use Audirvana and JRiver mainly for headphone-listening).

This review convinced me to give it a try.

Set up is easy, the software picked up my Qobuz-account and my local files  immediately. So far, so good. But after playing a track, the next track would not start: 'Renderer in transition', was the message. It disappeared after closing the app, and starting it again. How can I fix this? Am I doing something wrong?

Sound quality is very good (more detail, more transparant than the native Auralic app).

The only thing I am missing, is he possibility to filter on ' grouping' for my local files.

On the Aries

23 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

This is available using Minimserver.

In order to have the possibility to filter by grouping (Works) you need to define in Minimserver Properties/Advanced/upnpCustom the property 

roleTags={Grouping}

once defined the property you need to restart/rescan Minimserver

this should work for now, Minimserver Full license is needed, in the (near) future there will be some changes that will be announced …

Thanks. I think I will a full license a try when I get JPlay working.

38 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Try enabling this option in Settings screen for Auralic output:

When I enable Safe Transition Mode, I get the message: Error sending action to renderer. When I disable this option, I can play music (till the ' renderer in transition'-message appears). Seems there is only trouble when playing local files.

That's what I am doing at the moment 🙂, the SOtM/JPlay set up is running smoothly. Both Qobuz and local files are playing flawlessly.

Did some more testing with the Aries, the problem occurs with local files and with Qobuz files. I compared the SOtM-settings and the Aries-settings, in JPlay they are the same, still have not found the problem yet.