IGNORED

Bookshelf with rolled off highs + very well extended treble DAC - A good combination?

I ask this question here because intending to make a cheap setup with a Cambridge SX-50 speaker and an Allo Revolution DAC, in this case I am in doubt, would one thing compensate the other and the sound would be neutral? or the fact that this DAC has uplifted (but good) highs would not exceed the capacity of this speaker's tweeter to the point that the highs become bad or annoying (distortions or strange things like that)?
(I have two amps for this, the Allo Volt +D (bright) and the SMSL A300 (very neutral).

The short answer is no. When reviewers talk about good treble extension in a DAC they should mean it doesn't lose the sparkle and air of the original recording, its

presented clearly.  This should not be alteration of frequency response, rather better performance. Whereas rolled highs for a speaker means you will need an

equaliizer function to gain the full benefit of a DAC's upper treble fidelity.

The Allo DAC dates from 2019, I would suggest looking at newer, improved technology.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

In theory, I agree with @davide256

But in practice, I haven't seen any measurements of Cambridge SX-50 to suggest a rolled off high or a measurement of Allo Revolution DAC to suggest a lifted high. 

However, I can see how the Allo Volt +D amp might sound bright with some speakers because of the variable load impedance and possibly insufficient feedback for a class D amp.

So to me, I agree with @davide256 that you should not try to fix one component flaw with another component's flaw. But I just don't know enough about the Cambridge SX-50 or Allo Revolution DAC to say whether they have fundamental design issues. As for the Allo Volt +D amp, it might sound totally fine with the correct pairing of speakers but it's probably easier to pair speakers with the SMSL A300.