IGNORED

hdplex 200W - very hot

Hello

I have an HDPLEX 200W power supply that feeds a Qnap TS328 NAS 12V (according to what is written in the original psu 4.5A), JCAT FEMTO network card and Dlink DGS108 5V switch (in my opinion no more than 2A).

The OSU is very hot and this is surprising because it does not seem that with these components I am approaching the limit of its capacity, is this normal Or does the power supply really work on request?

sign.png

• Ron2go changed the title to hdplex 200W - very hot

It doesn't look like.

This 160VA  my  200 VA  model. It doesn't smoke and seems to work properly, it heats up and I'm not sure if it's working properly.

It doesn't seem to me that nas, switch and network card together reach a power approaching 200W

sign.png

I have an HdPlex 200, which I no longer use because I switched to Optimo S ATX and Optimo 3 Duo and used all 4 outputs.  The 19 volt one for a HdPlex 400 hifi converter CC-ATX.  The two variables at 5 volts, for two Jcat XE cards and the fixed 12 volt one, for an Orico USB Hub with 3 4 TB hard drives and I have never had heat problems, despite living in a hot part of Spain.  Check it out with a technician. Carlos