IGNORED

A reminder when enountering a problem while streaming...

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Serious questions, does your provider a continouus speed close to the proposed bandwith, if you have a Gigabit contract ?
Here in France, I could be happy if I have up to 500mbp/s (up/down) on a 2Gig label fiber connection - I must assume that the  attached bandwith is just throretcial in an shared ewnvironment ...

I get higher speed than Comcast/Xfinity advertises over the "wired" (optical Ethernet) parts of my home network (1.2 gbps advertised, about 1.6-1.7 actual), and reasonably close to the theoretical maximum of my iPhone 14 Pro over WiFi (I get 750-770mbps, and I think the theoretical max is in the 850+ range).

It's a nice result of upgrading my network after my old routers started acting up. This seems to happen as newer firmware that is supposed to be backward compatible is installed on older devices.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

34 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I think Comcsat took advantage of the pandemic by gutting their CS department even more and since then they have been awful.

I agree customer service has not been as good since the pandemic.

AT&T: Every time I made a change I asked in advance about the price including fees. Then they'd hit me up for a huge hidden fee and when I complained, acted as if I should have known about it. Often they'd wind up waiving the fee (grudgingly) after a week of calls to 4 or 5 different people and infinite hold times.

I also had DirecTV, which AT&T bought. For the last year of my service (out of 20 or more I was with them), I called every couple of months and asked whether I could move from the satellite to the much less expensive and more reliable streaming service. They simply flat out refused every time. I called to cancel finally, and the reaction was sure, fine. Then as soon as I cancelled, they began an incessant stream of spam calls and emails that lasted almost two years, trying to get me to purchase the streaming service they'd refused to let me have while I was still their customer.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.