IGNORED

Roon / HQ NAA endpoint based on Jcat XE USB card

Roon / HQ NAA endpoint based on Jcat XE USB card

The end point is built around the excellent Jcat XE USB card (latest rev.1.1), a simple Intel board with the N2800 Dual Core CPU, 8GB RAM and a 64GB SSD. Since the USB card itself is around $900 + shipping, you are basicly getting the case, MoBo, RAM and SSD for free.

According to my friend, for whom I have built an identical end point. connected to Keces P8 liner PSU and his dCS Rossini DAC, this end point sound better than the SOtM sMS-200Ultra Neo he had used before (on the same PSU and DAC). 

The endpoint is completley silent (no moving parts inside).

Comes preinstalled with ultra light Linux DietPi + Roon Bridge. CPU load in this configuration is only 2% with RAM utilisation at 0.2GB RAM (out of 8GB available). If someone does not like Roon, the device can be turned into a standalone music server by installing KODI, Logitech Media Server, Sqeezelite, MPD, HQ Player NAA, etc. from the available list.

Alternatively, I can install Windows Server 2012. With Roon Bridge installed, the CPU load is similarly low (~2%). According to many, Win 2012 sounds better than Linux, especially after you install Audiophile Optimiser/Fidelizer/Lasso.

The unit requires 12V/3A PSU, with a standard DC 5.5/2.5mm connector. Lots of different PSUs are available - from a generic $10 SMPS to various linear ones. USB card runs out of the MoBo, but can be powered externally with 5V/1A PSU.

Worldwide shipping via UPS express @ 90 USD. PayPal please add 3.9%. 

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3