43 minutes ago, Easterman said:

Thanks Stefano, Im not at home at the moment so could not access Lumin app, but yes, that is exactly what im asking for. What also is rather excellent is the ability to click on any of the items in the pop up, and instantly search for that/navigate to that, for example selecting Glen Gould would search for Glen Gould, or as in the screenshot Selecting the Qobuz symbol would search Qobuz, If you also have Tidal, a Tidal symbol would appear, and you can then easily search either Streaming service for any of the items listed in the Pop Up, much faster than, the multi-clicks I must use now when click-hold returns a window with items and you have to close this window. Both ways of browsing/searching would be excellent.

Seems a great suggestion. We expect to include some improvements on "Context Menus"(that included) in the release after the next one. 

6 hours ago, ericcatz said:

After using Jplay App for two days, I feel that the operation and interface are very good!

The only shortcoming I feel is the choice of favorite album, the synchronization function is slow, and it cannot be updated after restarting like the official desktop version.

ericcatz

What is wrong with the choice of favorite album?

Regarding synchronization, how many album/tracks do you have? What server do you use? And how many minutes it takes to sync your whole library?

What do you mean by it cannot be updated after restarting?

Sorry for all the questions, but is to help us understand the problems and try to fix them.

1 hour ago, Le dom said:

Hi,

do you have a normal behaviour when you click on "My Activity"?

For my part to get some result on "My Activity" I need to shut down the app and restart it.

Are you using the latest version(1.0.7)? Version 1.0.6 has a bug that leads to "My Activity" screen not load properly, but that is fixed in version 1.0.7, maybe that could be related?

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

it's worth adding that, to get the most out of these new features, you need to add in the Minimserver (*) upnpCustom property:

• multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}
  • roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra}

(*) Full license is required to manage this property 

Thank you for pointing out @stefano_mbp. Yes, in order to take advantage of latest developments, user needs to change their MinimServer properties. Let me add that Ensemble and Choir are also supported. So user can make their properties look like these:

multiTag={Artist, Genre, Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}
roleTags={Composer, Conductor, Soloists, Orchestra, Ensemble, Choir}

Orchestra, Choir and Ensemble artists will go under "Ensemble" in the app.

It will also work with other servers that support these roles in artist tags.

We are preparing a little guide to help MinimServer's users to tweak their properties, in order to, take full advantage of their metadata in JPLAY app.

1 hour ago, Le dom said:

Ah thank you Mario, I haven’t seen there is version 1.07.

Great! 

33 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

The choice of favorite albums I mentioned should have nothing to do with the number of collections! ?

For example, I added or subtracted favorite albums on the Qobuz official app (press the love button or remove it),

The official App displays the results immediately; if you increase or decrease your favorite albums in the Jplay App,

After re-opening the Qobuz official app, the correct result can also be displayed;

But my increase and decrease actions in the official app, even with the new version 1.07 of Jplay, are still not updated and displayed correctly.

ericcatz

Qobuz 01a.jpg

Yes, right know in order to sincronize items that you mark/remove as favorites outside JPLAY app, you need to go to "Settings" > "Qobuz" and select "Sync Data".

This happens because, we need to download all your favorites to the device, in order to you to access them faster and use the multiple filters, search and sort options that app provides. 

7 minutes ago, Easterman said:

Ahh - That was not obvious to me at all. I just sat experimenting with both iPad and iPhone 13, and they were out of synch..

Please please move or provide the Synch Data more to the front of the app, for example, when on Qobuz Favourites in JPlay, Swipe-Down-From-Top causes the Synch process to start, a method often seen to update the screen and its list contents on iOS, that way I will intuitively know that I’m up to date very quickly. I have not noticed this as  I have only been using JPlay to alter favourites since I started using the app, and very rarely have the Qobuz or Tidal apps open.

However having just downloaded version 1.07 I noticed that : when I am on the My Activity, any action I perform after having scrolled down the screen, for example - Scrolling down to the Albums Section, when I then press the Most Played, or Recently Played, I am brought to  the correct Tap, but every time I am brought to the top of the screen - this makes no sense at all, Please remember Screen-Scroll-Offset when switching between items, so that I see the switch between for example the two tabs : Recently Played/ Most Played. 

Otherwise, excellent app!

"Sync Favorites"

Yes, "Sync Data" in somehow hidden. We look into it and improve it.

"My Activity"

Yes, in the latest version, fixing a bug in this screen, we introduce this "scroll to top when clicking a tab" issue. In the next version it will be fixed.

Thank you for the feedback ;)

10 hours ago, Spacecase said:

https://bucket.digitalsand.photography/index.php/s/gbLFxL9aN5Fm8iW

From fresh install. Notice how i grant network permission, but still have persistent error at the top of the screen, have to refresh multiple times for my renderer to show up (also notice how hqplayer never shows up until briefly at the end), have to refresh multiple times before LMS shows up (actually showed up quicker than normal this time), minim never showed up, and renderers show up inconsistently, also notice how LMS showed as disconnected the vast majority of times i refreshed after syncing the library (this makes it basically impossible to update the library after adding new music) 

the core issue is the inability to scan the network properly and the associated error message. I can play music once things are connected. 

That's quite odd. It seems that your device/network do not allow app to start searching for devices. Do you have any other app that search for devices "running" in background? Apps like TIDAL, mConnect or other? If yes, can you kill them and try again?

1 hour ago, ericcatz said:

It's too bad! HQPe->NAA, which could be played smoothly, after one night,

Today it disappeared from my UPnP device and can't get it back! ?

I changed the NAA image file (from jussi's NAA image to moOde audio + NAA.deb),

With this change, no matter Mconnect or HQPe can easily find UPnP renderer,

But Jplay still can't find UPnP renderer,

All I can say is - it's not ripe yet!

ericcatz

Do you get any error while searching for devices?

Some devices could require to search multiple times to it(because they do not respond to M-Search messages), but after it is detect for the first time, app should be able to detect it all the time, as long as the IP/URL does not change.

22 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

My 5G wifi refers to the local area network bandwidth within the A/C Router specification,

Not 5G internet.

Please refer to the same wifi network connection, other apps can find the UPnP renderer, that's good,

Why can't Jplay do it?

ericcatz

Can you try two things?

1 - Turn off your HQPlayerEmbeded, then start a search for devices in JPLAY, turn on HQPlayerEmbeded immediately, if search ends without HQPlayerEmbeded being discover do another search. 

If that does not work.

2 - Start a search for devices in JPLAY, with you other device start a search for devices in another app like 8player pro, fidata or MConnect.

But, send us an email to "[email protected]" so he can help you debug. 

Without VPN other apps are able to find UPnP devices?

6 hours ago, Spacecase said:

Can an option be added to hide duplicate items between libraries, with a choice of which is preferred?  For example, hide qobuz albums that i have a local version of.

Artists too i guess. Basically more of a single library with multiple sources like roon and lms do. An artist page would ideally have both my local albums and favorited qobuz albums. 

Thank you for your suggestions. We will look into them and try to include them in a future release.

An unified artist page is on the pipeline, although we want to do that in a way that users with multiple libraries will still be able to access all the info that an artist has in each library. 

14 hours ago, sjj said:

I discovered the issue with Moode is related to a UPNP option labeled Check Content. If set to Yes, I get the JPlay Error sending action to renderer. If set to No JPlay works and music plays. The description of this UPNP option in Moode is “Check that the input format is supported. Set this option to No if a control point or media server sends good audio data with bad metadata.”. I did notice now when playing music from JPlay that if I open Moode the Album cover and all related info such as track, album name, song name, bit info…is all set to Unknown. JPlay version 1.07 didn’t have this problem and I didn’t need to set this option in Moode to No and all related song info in Moode was displayed correctly.

Please do as @stefano_mbp pointed out and "Enable log, reproduce the issue, go back to log and send it before disabling it.".

Send them to our support email: [email protected]

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, steveoat said:

Marcin,

I am having an issue with JPlay IOS and connecting with HQPlayer embedded.  JPlay sees my HQPlayer embedded, but I keep getting the following error:  "Error sending action to renderer".  My Lumin player is working fine.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem with HQPlayer embedded?

Please try with "Safe Transition Mode" on as Mike Rubin suggested.

If that does not work please let me know.

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 1:50 PM, agisthos said:

Ah my mistake!!! I thought he was a developer of the app. Marcin did introduce someone on this forum as being the app coder and I must have got my wires crossed that it was him!

App should play all tracks in the queue properly even with iPad/Mac/iPhone selected as renderer.

I use iPhone/iPad as renderer lots of times and that never happened to me. 

Can you please tell me what device and iOS version are you using? It happens all the time or just sometimes?

But it is better to contact us, using [email protected]. Thanks.