IGNORED

R.I.P. Ian Tyson

clipper

@clipper-- I must had heard about his death at the same time you did. So instead of watching bowl games I made 2 extensive 'public' playlists of him alone and with Sylvia and covers of his/with her songs. One is on TIDAL the other on Qobuz if you and anyone else is interested.

I even found a version of "4 strong winds" and other songs of I&S by Bob Dylan on some version of The Basement Tapes!

For me and probably others of my era "Four Strong Winds" probably had an impact on relationships found and then lost.

Hi @bobbmd.

I'd love to check out your playlists.  

My dad had (and still has) a great record collection, and he loved Ian & Sylvia when I was a small kid.  He let me and my brother use his really nice stereo system (great Thorens turntable, McIntosh preamp and amp) even when we were young.  So I played all their records probably hundreds of times.  Years later, we discovered Ian Tyson's solo stuff.  Great too.  I saw him perform at McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, CA.  I stood in a small line to shake his hand and meet him after the show, and he was really cool (as you would expect).  He signed a CD that I gave to my dad.

Thanks for taking the time to put together playlists.  Can't wait to see them...

Take care.