IGNORED

Article: An Audiophile And A Subwoofer | The Wilson Audio Lōkē

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Like low key. 

OK, I couldn't find the part where Clouseau says "I am Mr. Lo Kee," but this is classic anyway: 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

How enlightening. 🤭

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

42 minutes ago, mesonto said:

Again, I cannot fault you for not hearing other configurations, it is what it is. So if you are happy with it, and you have the money and you wish to stick to this brand, utterly fantastic!

But what the initial commenatator said is still valid. I believe what they were refering to "Over priced, ported, under sized driver..." was that the Loke is simply way overpriced for the value this woofer brings. Double the subs and you can expect less nulls from frequency interference in the room which will give you a larger listening area, and a sealed will most always exhibit tighter more layered less monotone "one note" sound.  And yes this is one over-priced sub for sure. A larger driver can generally push more air albeit not as quickly... is this the type of information you were looking for? It's pretty basic stuff.

But please feel free to experiment yourself, look things up, visit a showroom that you are familiar with, etc. 

As for the comment "I hoped for actual information helping me and others understand why the initial comments were supposedly true. I don't see anything in your comments, other than it's true because I say it is." -- don't be lazy, there are many papers and listening tests out there, easily at your fingertips. (I say this kindly as possible)

To put it plainly and specifically:

- What we have for Chris is detailed information about his room setup; detailed information about the expertise of the people who helped him with that setup; and detailed measurements of the results of that setup, before and after room response DSP is applied.

- Since you presumably don't have access to Chris's room, what we would need for reliable evidence of what you say would be detailed information about a room setup (yours or anyone else's you have available) for Chris's subwoofer and the one you say is much better; detailed information about the expertise of the people who did that setup, so we know the subs are each set up to best advantage; and detailed measurements of the results, before and after room response DSP so we can understand how these subs perform with and without it.

Do you have that information or can you provide it?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The bass is accurate, but comes from the right side of the room

I presume you've tried this with your eyes closed, just to be sure that's not influencing what you hear?

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Technically no, but the subwoofer in my room isn't visible from the listening position, so this counts as blind in my book :~)

This would be good to do, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'd have to have someone move the sub and I'd guess where it was placed. 

Though I know where my speakers are, strangely the location of the acoustic center seems to move when I close my eyes. So it could be as simple as that - does the bass seem to come from the same place with eyes open and eyes closed?

2 hours ago, mesonto said:

The Computer Audiophile and Jud,

robocop's reply to the reviewer isn't about room specificifity. Your insistence on "what about Chris's room" with his comment is misplaced or woefully ignored. His comments were for the most part accurate and I do not seemingly understand your combined stubborness, to things like value, multiple subs, portless boxes or larger drives (albeit good ones) which can be further expanded into "one-note" bass, frequency nulls in a room, etc

Trying to assert your arguement by acknowledging that only Chris's room matters, and that I, nor anyone else has access to it is bizarre.

Even in your room, Robocop's assertions still stand, but admittedly will even do better in a less restrictive listening room, or one with more complications, as your room seems to be quite throughly planned out.

Anyway this is the last time I will respond, (it's seemingly pointless) but since this is your baby, I have to say your site site is wonderful!

That of course isn't what I said, so you've misunderstood, either sincerely, or deliberately for the sake of mere argument.

I don't need to know about Chris's room. I need to see comparative measurements of room response in any room you like, in order to have reliable evidence that this supposed improvement you keep talking about is something more than the personal opinion of a random individual on an internet forum.

You've resolutely refused to provide any such specifics, likely because you have none.

If you have something specific of value to contribute to the discussion, we'd all be delighted to read it.