IGNORED

Anyone Receive Their Fitlet3 or a Time Frame Yet?

Jud

In September I received email of the delay and that they would update with projected dates when they have some estimate to share.

I guess they are suffering the global component shortage. And I wouldn't bet surprised if there are also some delays from Intel.

I ordered mine at the beginning of February.

Aaeon was quicker to ship UP 4000 board which is similar product. Although they don't have their Fitlet3 style "system" product based on the UP 4000 board available for order yet:

https://up-board.org/up-4000/?UP4000System

Likely for similar reasons.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

However they don't show an option for optical Ethernet input, which is the main attraction of the Fitlet for me.

Yes, that's the case. That's the advantage of Fitlet.

On new UP there won't be direct USB VBUS feeds either, so it gets closer to Fitlet2/Fitlet3 in that respect too. Since these use 12V PSUs, instead of the 5V.

So far, my solution has been to use UP Gateway for Holo Audio where you have isolation for USB. And for other cases I've been using Intona USB isolator. And yes, the Intona really works, objectively.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/23/2023 at 4:11 AM, dericchan1 said:

Glad that the fitlet is working solidly as expected. I am also pretty happy with the stock psu. Well I have not yet tried the ipower plus psu that came with my ifi idsd pro dac I have laying around, but I doubt the ifi would be better.

One option is also the CUI medical grade supply I've been recently buying. A lot less leakage currents than the Meanwell one. And still very inexpensive.

3 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

well it’s almost a year since I got my fitlet3 and it’s been rock solid as a NAA ever since. Wonder if you had a chance to play with it in any of your systems?

I have both Fitlet2 and Fitlet3, but neither one at the moment in constant use, but more for testing purposes. On Fitlet3 I have two OS options on purpose, Windows 10 IoT (ordered with that one) and HQPlayer OS (due to three network interfaces). These are my devices for testing various NAA and DAC options.

I have two plain output NAAs in constant use. In the office Holo Red for the TEAC UD-701N and UP Gateway for Spring 3, Gustard A26 and MuFi M3x DAC. And in livingroom server which is doing a dual job for being HQPlayer Embedded server Marantz SA-12SE, and being a NAA for the T+A DAC200 (both through Intona isolator).