IGNORED

Help me with my new DAC.

I am streaming Qobus on the 4STREAM app on my Auris audifi and using a coax dig cable to a brand new SMSL DO 100 DAC. I see that the title says high resolution 96k on the screen but it does not come on the DaC screen in 96k it says 44.1 . I get it to 48 when I use a optical cable from a sony TV playing a 96k signal on YouTube app. I am not sure what I did wrong. I have it checked on the apps for 4STREAM and Qobus high resolution. I have switched it to others and it still does 44.1 on the SMSL dac. Please advise.

46 minutes ago, Vaejoviscarolinanus said:

I am streaming Qobus on the 4STREAM app on my Auris audifi and using a coax dig cable to a brand new SMSL DO 100 DAC. I see that the title says high resolution 96k on the screen but it does not come on the DaC screen in 96k it says 44.1 . I get it to 48 when I use a optical cable from a sony TV playing a 96k signal on YouTube app. I am not sure what I did wrong. I have it checked on the apps for 4STREAM and Qobus high resolution. I have switched it to others and it still does 44.1 on the SMSL dac. Please advise.

Hello @Vaejoviscarolinanus,
The Auris Audifi is a rebranded Auralic S50Pro+. You may find a proper review of the technical ability of that unit here.

In short:
You can receive 24/96 files but you can output to your DAC over COAX/TOSLINK only 16/44 CD Flac quality.
However, the unit has it's own DAC that can convert the higher bitarte to analog output.

Hope that helps, Tom

14 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Hello @Vaejoviscarolinanus,
The Auris Audifi is a rebranded Auralic S50Pro+. You may find a proper review of the technical ability of that unit here.

In short:
You can receive 24/96 files but you can output to your DAC over COAX/TOSLINK only 16/44 CD Flac quality.
However, the unit has it's own DAC that can convert the higher bitarte to analog output.

Hope that helps, Tom

You have solved the issue. I have been trying to figure out what happened for past 24 hrs. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...