IGNORED

Article: Arylic S50 Pro+ Pre-amp / Streamer / DAC Review

Thanks so much for the review @DuckToller. A few comments really got me. 

“Our system supports decode up to 192khz/24bits, the audio output is 44.1khz/16bits CD quality. Only Up2stream HD DAC support 192khz/24bits Hi-Res Audio output.”

This message sadly isn’t available in the specs, the product page or the manual, but you can find it in the FAQ. Subsequently, it is the new owner’s task to find out about their preferences for Input/playback in the S50 pro+ matrix, with only 9 lifes options left ...

however the multiroom streams are in MP3 quality, as LINKPLAY confirmed to me on request.

As usual, you're research is incredibly thorough, and you've provided information for people, that they would likely have not found. Thank you!

The A50 Pro+ delivered all the services it promised, however, we need to accept that the ESS9023 DAC chip isn’t top of the class in the ESS hierarchy of DAC chips and the underlying A31 Wi-Fi module from LINKPLAY doesn’t perform up to the quality we have seen from the A97 module which is used in the WIIM. This is a very acceptable trade-off in my opinion because the device doesn’t target high end audiophiles in search for a suitable streamer for their DSD, DXD and ATMOS library.

Agree 100%. Every product isn't made to meet every need. Finding the market position / consumer that each product serves is key. 

In case you haven’t got enough active speakers, ARYLIC has a streaming amplifier, the A50, in its affordable consumer Hi-fi product range. The S50pro+ supports up to 12 devices in 8 different zones. Rethink Bluesound Node. Now.

That's a BOLD statement. I think keeping your following statement in context of this, is helpful...

The product quality itself gives quite a good feel and visual impression, however at that price point, I wouldn’t bet on longevity and successful guarantee claims outside of what’s provided by Amazon. I hope I will be proved wrong. Time will tell.

Last, but not least,

You may see where these use cases lead to, perhaps not directly into the usual Audiophile Style sacred territories, thus evidently entering the entrance stage of audiophile nirvana. In my book that device pleases a much greater interest group of potential users than most products you may find at your trusted Hi-Fi dealer’s exposition room.

Personally, I have significantly more friends in real life who would be perfectly happy with that simple enhancement to their old Hi-Fi chain rather than adding a Mola Mola Makua Pre-Amp/DAC (a device I’ve reserved for my pipe dream fantasy system ...), especially given the price points.

I'm with you on this one as well. I have very few friends in the market for a 12 channel Wilson Atmos system, but I have severl who could use a system like the one described in your review. Well done. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png