IGNORED

Roon 2.0

mourip

8 hours ago, Mauidj7 said:

Thank you Steve.

I can see how this does not affect the vast majority of their user base so I guess they have weighed up the pros and cons of upsetting a few for the benefit of their new model. It was apparently done to improve the database and searches...or something like that.
Ironically when I signed up as a lifer the question that convinced me to do so was..."What if you go out of business...can I still use Roon and access MY music?" Answer..Definitely YES!!!!!
So now they are totally going back on this promise. If or when they go out of business no one will be able to get service with this new system. I thinks its disgusting behavior and they probably could find themselves in hot water if people wanted to push.

I've invested tens of thousand of dollars in my Roon streaming equipment and this is a big blow. Fortunately I can move to Minimserver or something else. Sure glad I didn't buy a Nucleus ;-)

Such a shame as its a pretty decent product (could even be great if they spent more time fixing issues rather than bringing a bunch of new and unnecessary stuff to the platform) but the company and their lack of real customer service are not so great IMO.

TG for my SACD's and vinyl. Still the best :-)

The point is that you’re buying a license to use their services and you’re not buying their sw, therefore should they go out of business you cannot use their services anymore

Stefano

My audio system

• 3 weeks later...