IGNORED

Anyone end up with cheap class d?

TimF

6 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I have asked this before, but haven't heard anything more on this specific topic for awhile. 

I have been a Class D owner for years.  My current amp is an original generation Wyred 4 Sound STI-500 that is based on the B&O ICE modules that, I gather, haven't been updated for quite awhile. There is nothing wrong with it and it meets my preference for an integrated form factor, no internal DAC or streamer (because I need to know that I can continue to play Native DSD), at least one balanced input set, and multiple RCA inputs for phono and the Chromecast Audio that is my backup digital source when my steamer setup is behaving dickishly.  I would like to consider upgrading to more current tech, especially given the raves I see in current reviews of Class D amplification. 

Unfortunately, I mostly have seen the current Class D modules offered in power amps. Have any of you seen them appear in integrateds similar to the W4S? I know that NAD offers some but that company's DAC inputs don't support Native DSD playback and I don't want to pay for a DAC that I will bypass with an external DAC connected via balanced outputs. (My Okto only has balanced outputs.). Technics also has a $10k amp that I understand to be Class D but I really would like to stay both less expensive and physically massive. 

Am I looking for a unicorn? 

You may want to look here

https://primare.net/product/i35-modular-integrated-amplifier/

• 1 month later...