IGNORED

Lumin X1 vs U1/Holo May KTE combo

How does the DAC in the X1 compare to the one in the X1?  I really do not want to spend 14 for an X1 if I don’t have too.  I realize that a U1/Holo May KTE combo is 12k which is not far off from 14k but every dollar counts.  If I’m not mistaken, the streamer in the U1 is the same as the X1 less the DAC portion.  I’ve not heard either DAC as I have a Pontus II at the moment.  

• 2 weeks later...

No replies?  Anyway, I visited the Cary Audio headquarters and ended up purchasing a Cary DMS 700.  It is out of this world!  Anyway, I will have some goodies for sale. (Pontus II, Lumin U1 Mini with Audio Sensibilty DC cord upgrade, Farad Super3 with purple fuse, JS -2 with purple or stock fuse, upgraded DC cords). The multi box sound great but the DMS-700 is in another league and it should be for 7k!  

@audio.bill

Thanks.  Sorry about the confusing post. I was just trying to eliminate some boxes and cords. It sounded wonderful but now all I have to worry about are XLR and power cords.  No more USB, I2s, etc…

I really wanted to X1 since it has such a stellar reputation and the fiber connection.  I’m sure it is better than the DMS-700 but it’s apples to oranges, AK4499EQ vs dual ES9038Pro.  I’m going to experiment with it as a pre-amp directly to my amp.  

https://www.caryaudio.com/products/dms-700-network-audio-player/