IGNORED

Article: Jane Ira Bloom's Picturing The Invisible: Focus 1

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Rumours is already available in Atmos and included for the same price as stereo on Apple Music and Amazon. 

Curious, I looked up what reactions were to this .. they ranged from, "greatest thing since sliced bread!" to "just a mix remastering" to "absolutely awful! Hated it!" ... so, like everything in the audio game it depends on a large number of factors as to whether it works for people - it's not a slam dunk ...

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Absolutely Frank. Nothing in this world is a slam dunk for 100% of the people. I’ve heard terrible Atmos mixes and stunning Atmos mixes. You really need to hear it for yourself and spend serious time listening. I’ve probably spent 100 hours listening since I got my speakers. I have a good feel for it. 

I will seek out a retailer who has set up a serious demo of the technology, and go from there ...

A quick, online check of the two main hifi retailers in Sydney shows that Atmos is just regarded, there, as something to enhance HT; only low end usage is probably where they see it. A bit more digging would be needed to find a serious setup, it seems ...