IGNORED

Gustard R26 new R2R DAC

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Is that true that the R26 Ethernet speed card is topped to 100Mbps?

Read it here is some thread but I cannot find the post anymore

Don't see where that would make sense if they claim to support DSD256 streaming and given how standard GigE ports are now.

Couldn't find the Ethernet port speed stated on any site, these guys need a marketing team to hold their feet to the fire for launch readiness.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The network streamer part of the R26 is nice but a slight edge to its sound compared to streaming to the Oppo as endpoint into R26 coax.

I tried using it for up-sampled speeds, the UPNP option has buffering pauses at 7xx speeds, using built in HQP NAA gets rid of that but still has

similar edginess to UPNP use. Waiting now for an Innuos Pulse to arrive, hopefully able to enjoy using USB to DAC again once it arrives.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 hours ago, botrytis said:

I have tried upsampling on mine with no issues you are having. I did notice that both Volumio and Daphile have issues with upgrade 1.42, not detecting the DAC. It is the USB built in to Linux that seems to be the issue.

I use mine direct from a Win 11 client using JRiver 31, no issues.

Could be because Audirvana was unpacking 7xx wav pack and forwarding over wifi. I'll have to try again with an uncompressed wav file, as that I believe would keep

the file local vs needing to transit Audirvana server for wav pack conversion. Symptoms were that first track played ok but later tracks would have at least one pause during play

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Anyone have an opinion on good source device choices using the Bluetooth function for the R26?

The convenience factor of Bluetooth/Mconnect using Qobuz/ iPhone is fun, wondering what a logical device step up would be to get better Bluetooth codecs,

iPhone is pretty limiting.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

9 hours ago, botrytis said:

None of the bluetooth codecs really output anything more than CD quality and that is hard to do since the codec has so much overhead on it.

iPhones only support lossy codecs, SBC, AAC. One can do a lot better with LDAC and AptX, still CD rate but not lossy

Regards,

Dave

Audio system