IGNORED

New MacBook Pro This Week?

All evidence suggests Apple will be releasing a new MacBook Pro this week. I really hope it contains SSDs like the MacBook Air and all the enhancements.

There have even been rumors of LightPeak making a debut in these products.

I think the best evidence of the new laptop is the fact that Apple has delayed shipping all new MacBook Pro computers until the end of the week.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTM3NDc0NDI

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

oh man, good catch on the delay of the shipping of new orders, Chris. That has usually been a good indicator that they are preparing for a change in the model.

If they do go the SSD route, I hope that they can have at least a 120 gig base model for a reasonable price. Are they going to do i5/i7's or is there a newer processor that they have been playing with?

gear here.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/02/21/new-macbook-pro-models-imminent-weve-got-some-new-details/

"We have been told by one our Apple sources that the new MacBook Pro laptops will be available for sale in the next two weeks, and Apple stores are set to start receiving the shipments in “the coming days.” As far as what the refreshed MacBook Pros will hold, our source mentioned a few interesting features. For starters, we are told that the new laptops will contain glass trackpads that are even larger than the pads found on current-generation MacBook Pro models. The next bit of information doesn’t quite make sense to us, but we have been told the OS on the laptops will be loaded to a separate (internal) 8-16GB SSD while everything else will remain on the regular hard drive. There will be options for just SSD drives but the base models will feature regular hard disks with the SSD combo for the OS. Our source also said that the new MacBook Pro models are about a half-pound lighter on average than each of their relative current models, and there will be five different SKUs as had been previously reported.

Thanks, Lindsey S.!"

I'm not sure they'll be the default on this refresh but I suspect that next year we'll see the entire MacBook line come together as one rather than it's current state (MacBook/MacBook Pro/MacBook Air) and that SSD will be the standard.

Their own advertising seems to point to this. When the new MacBook Air made it's debut the tagline was "The Next Generation of MacBooks".

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W