IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

Tried it on Mac OS M1. Very very buggy, thus too frustrating to use. Wish I could report otherwise.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, jgeffen said:

I don’t have any problems so far, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have them. Try to use the support page on the Audirvāna site, or have you already done so? I have an older Mac with Catalina installed.

Thanks, @jgeffen. What is supremely frustrating is that the bugs appear to be basic things like songs stopping unexpectedly mid-song, songs replaying when they shouldn't be, playback buttons simply working, and random interface components not working when clicked. I suffered through too much photo software "public beta testing" back in the day. Life's too short. The sound does so far appeal, however. To be honest, I do have some hope/desire for improvements, thank you @Jud for encouraging me to discover this!

But I also am wondering about what this "new software" and pricing maneuver means as others have pointed out already. Is this tantamount to a going concern disclosure (if the company were public/being audited)? It seems unclear to me given the history of comments on the original versions before Origin here.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

I'm glad for this community and topic thread because one is always learning something new which includes perspectives on the products/services we would otherwise not know much about. Thanks all, and hopefully Audirvana gets up to speed quickly. I have to think it's tough for a small team keeping two platforms and mobile apps up to date and operating smoothly. (Somewhat tough for an end user to remember this, too.) Thanks again.

@The Computer Audiophile Article ideas? "Using Ravenna with Audirvana" or "Ravenna Audio Networking for Home Audiophiles"?

How does Dante audio networking compare to Ravenna? Asking because I read somewhere that you can use Dante Virtual Soundcard and then find endpoints to convert the Dante data to AES for use with DACs, etc. I don't know enough about computer networking or pro audio networking to assess the ease or practicality of this, but I know the person who suggested it uses Dante with JRiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite frustrations, I'm going to pony up for Audirvana Studio over Origin even though I mainly play local lossless files. Thanks to all who've posted their experiences and support! Your posts, and my ears, finally convinced my brain to spend the money.