IGNORED

Best Windows 7 Software?

jmall

I should have also said that the difference between iTunes and Foobar2000 are staggering in my opinion (Foobar kicking the crap out of iTunes with the exact same source material). I run Foobar2000 in WASAPI direct mode (hmmm, maybe I should try ASIO) and iTunes in "Windows" mode from the Quicktime audio config. So my setup is certainly good enough to tell the difference at this level. I am also fairly computer literate as I have worked in Systems Administrator for more then 15 years. If all I'm buying is ease of use from J River, I'm okay not having it. My Windows 7 version is Pro X64.

I should also note most of my stuff will be redbook CD WAVs but I have started downloading music from HD Tracks (definitely better in 24/96). The problem is that much of the hi-res material is a bit esoteric for my tastes. I'm mostly a rock/heavy metal man (I laugh out loud when someone calls the Allison Krauss/Robert Page album "rock") but sometimes I have a hankerin' for acoustic/country/classical. So until it becomes more mainstream I have a feeling my downloads will be mostly to "show and tell" rather then enjoy thoroughly.

Looking forward to responses :)

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

FWIW, I prefer the much maligned Creative Media Source Player 5 over Foobar. I find it more realistic with high resolution material.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I believe you mean Robert Plant. No doubt Robert Plant was a rock star when he was with Led Zeppelin. Despite he himself can be very rock, I would not believe Allison rocking. Just ordinary misconception that anyone in the same album with Robert Plant must be rock. Not to mention a rock star might try something else sometime. LOL!

MetalNuts

J River is better when setup well. stage seems higher and music more relaxed. used foorbar fro 5 years and loved it, then found J River.

i posted some tips on getting best sound from J River here.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/J-River-MC-tips-Getting-best-sound-it

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management