IGNORED

HQPlayer settings for specific DACs

smooring

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Miska said:

When it is R2R DAC, you should be utilizing linear region of the DAC based on linearity sweep measurement. If the sweep indicates the linearity is somewhere between two word lengths, pick the lower value. It is better to use one bit less than the linear region, rather than one bit too much.

what would this be for the Ares II?

@Miska

i have a problem specific with HQPlayer in that it will only allow me to select DoP and as such i am unable to do DSD1024 (DSD512 is fine with DoP), i had this problem once before and i fixed it by uninstalling HQPlayer and re-installing it, then a few weeks later my computer crashed and i loaded a system image but the problem has returned and nothing i do has fixed it.

As i stated earlier it is only on HQPlayer that i cannot do native DSD, if i try HQPlayer just shuts down 

Foobar and Jriver all do it without issue so i believe this is a bug in HQPlayer, is there a log that i can send to you to see if you can identfy the problem. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

This sounds like you are on Windows? Usually this problem appears with certain drivers (Thesycon) when there's more than one application using the audio device at the same time. For example if Roon is running simultaneously and has the driver enabled as output zone (Roon Settings -> Audio).

Thanks for the reply but this was one of the first things i checked, as i said previously native DSD works with Foobar and Jriver it is only HQPlayer that will only allow playing via DoP, is there a crash log generated when HQPlayer crashes? because that may hold the answer

6 hours ago, Miska said:

If HQPlayer crashes, then it is likely the ASIO driver that crashes for some reason.

You can enable HQPlayer log file and try to catch the last items that got written before the crash.

I cannot comment about Foobar or Jriver, I have never used such.

i have given the links to the crash dump and HQPlayer log in previous post i am hoping that i don't have to re-install windows fresh to fix this problem so any help you can provide will be most appreciated!

4 hours ago, Miska said:

You seem to have "AltDSD" enabled in settings. Meaning "pdm_div" in settings.xml set to "1" instead of "8" (default). This will certainly crash the application if it's not required by the driver (none of the drivers currently on market). I have removed that option from the GUI.

You can either manually edit the settings file (use the backup / restore option). Or alternatively reset the configuration through the Help-menu option and start from fresh.

i decided to re-install windows as there were a few other problems with other programs, all is working fine now, thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...