IGNORED

Pi 2 Design Mercury Streamer

bobfa

15 minutes ago, PoMarantz said:

how do I update fstab?

Not sure which Linux you are using, but for Ubuntu, I use a program called nano which is a text editor.

If you know how to bring up the Terminal window, you can issue

sudo nano /etc/ fstab

There lots of articles on how to use nano, just search “linux nano”.

Just be forewarned that fstab is a system file so proceed carefully.

1 hour ago, PoMarantz said:

To me...it seems bizarre that something would be soooooooo complicated. If this thing was Mac based ...it would be easy! 

I wish that I could just hire someone to come here and set this up!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

There are solutions that aren’t complicated so not sure what OS you are using or trying to accomplish. Seems there are applications that include the OS, like Volumio.

Mac is Linux-based (or perhaps Unix, can’t recall).

Instead of having someone come to you, perhaps you could send your unit to a AS member that would take this on. I configured a USB stick for another AS member for another application.

50 minutes ago, PoMarantz said:

2. Internal Hard Drive (SK hynix Gold P31 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen3 M.2 2280 Internal SSD l Up to 3500MB/S l Compact M.2 SSD Form Factor SK hynix SSD - Internal Solid State Drive with 128-Layer NAND Flash), for a Music Library. I carefully installed that SSD on the internal board and I would like to download & save hi-rez files from Qobuz and other sources and create a Music File Lbrary on that Internal SSD and playback thru Volumio on The Mercury.

I have not used Volumio but it appears to have some utility to mount NAS (network attached storage) which is what I use along with fstab to mount it on my Roon server. If that isn’t working, you may have to edit fstab file.

Here is an article I found that goes through mounting a hard drive in fstab. Sounds like you may already have the needed info. You should be able to do all of this remotely using Putty.

Worse case, if things go south on you, you can just reload Volumio on the SD card. Good luck.