IGNORED

Article: The Audio Impact of  Solar Panels and Battery Backup: Comparing Sound Quality of Panels, Batteries, and the Grid

17 minutes ago, jeffhenning said:

Are you doing this as a hoax or just for really stupid people that think that great audio equipment can't deal with power line grunge?

When John Atkinson tests equipment for Stereophile, he plugs it straight into the wall with the supplied cable.

In testing Benchmark's AHB-2 amp and LA4 pre/amp, he found them to have less distortion and noise than any similar products ("Benchmark's LA4 is the widest-bandwidth, widest-dynamic-range, lowest-noise, lowest-distortion preamplifier I have encountered.")

Hey, having a cleaner power supply will improve the sound of your system by reducing noise 3dB or so cumulatively. That's it. Also, having the power conditioner take the hit from a lightning strike is good.

If your equipment is so poorly designed and built that a power conditioner or the power source drastically changes its audio quality, there is something seriously wrong with it.

Either that or your preconception bias has gone into overdrive. Regardless, this article is of no value.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the opinion, I think. 

You have some serious bias on this one and preconceived ideas about this stuff. 

Appealing to an authority, to support your belief, has been used for eons. Imagine the kerfuffle if JA used something like a Shunyata or 512 Engineering power unit while measuring everyone else's gear. That wouldn't fly in anyone's book. Plus, measuring gear as standalone devices is a pretty benign way to do it.

Do you have any evidence that only poorly designed equipment can benefit drastically from clean power? In fact, do you have any evidence even poorly designed equipment can benefit from clean power? Or, how do you define poorly designed?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png