IGNORED

Article: A Musical and Audiophile Journey

23 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Update: I just signed up for lessons at Twin Town. I start Thursday December 2nd!

Great decision! If you try to learn guitar via YouTube, you’ll be more confused and scattered than following a true path created by a guitar teacher. 
The Fender play mobile app is also very good for the basics and it also follows a clear path, it’s very affordable and definitely money well spent. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, TubeLover said:

Thanks Chris. And even at the early point in my learning I can promise that your fingers WILL reach everything, just give it time! :) My hands are medium sized/average, and I felt the same way you did early on. Ask your teacher for some recommended finger stretching exercises, that will speed things along. Glad to hear you've found a source for, in person, lessons, and that your first one was so rewarding. 

JC

On YouTube, the channel “Justin Guitar” has a couple of really good daily finger stretching and strengthening exercises, I’ve been doing them almost everyday and they’re definitely helpful. 
He is a good teacher for beginner’s too. 

On 12/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Nice! 

I signed up for his app for one year. He is a great teacher. 

I hadn’t seen these exercises yet. Thanks!

He’s very good for beginners (Marty Music / Marty Schwartz and the Fender Play mobile app are too). 
My personal favorite YouTube instructor is Active Melody, however he’s definitely more advanced and most likely you aren’t ready for his lessons yet, his channel is worth checking out, I like how all his lessons tie into each other, so if you watch 100 of them, they’re all basically building upon and advancing the same theory, style and methods. I also prefer to play the type of music he focuses on (Blues).