IGNORED

player that (pre)converts flac into wav before playing ? (win7 platform)

sonorsnoopy

As i prefer wav over flac in playback, but need to archive in flac due to tagging features I need a player that plays wav from pre converted flac files. Atm I use cplay and foobar.

Is there any plug-in or a better player for win7 ?

Thank-you

Why no I2S standard ? Logitech / Sonus wake up![br]IMO low power devices, such as DAC shall have analogue volume control and battery power. Why buy into preamps, power conditioners and power chords these days ?

One springs immediately to mind - XXHighEnd.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

http://andy-audioplayer.blogspot.com/

With a little effort best sounding player for me on Win7. If anything unclear will happy to help. But everything in readme file.

To save your time here is attached file with everything included to play flac, alac, mp3, wav, aif. What you should do is extract folder from archive to any place. Go there execute InstallStealthAudioPlayer.bat and right click on file and Play with StealthAudioPlayer or you can create shortcut on your desktop of StealthAudioPlayer.exe then drug and drop audio file to that shortcut and that's it.

Hey Andrey, long time !

But of course your own player sounds the best. I say the same of mine. In the mean time I have no doubts about your judgement, helping out so well in some far past. But for a better context maybe, why would you have tried XX ever again. ?

Anyway, since I referred to the the following link quite some times throughout time, for this special occasion I will just do it again : http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=265.0;all

Yea, you will remember. And before people misunderstand, nothing changed much, although this example seems to beat it all, were it for what actually is going on within PC playback.

I still love you for it, and it is only a pitty that we lost you for these kind of great contributions. Again before people (or you) misunderstand, I mean it.

All the best,

Peter

PS: Although it will be really offtopic, I can advice everyone to read the pages behind that link. It is a good read anyway, and most probably you will fall from your chair at obtaining this quite unknown knowledge. And knowledge it is, because it is just true. It also nicely will show how computer audio will (have) evolve(d) from there on. Historical ...

And something else for a change !

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

thank you for sap !

i am still trying to get digital asio output in sap - so cant say anything about SQ yet (wasapi sounds worse than cplay asio)

but i found out that cplay is also decoding flac into memory - but that sounds worse than wav.

i have found flac worse than wav when i reconverted flac to wav.

is my pc too slow ? 1,8ghz atom

i have tested XXhighend but it is very slow and complicated on my 2GB ram machine and sounds worse than cplay

Why no I2S standard ? Logitech / Sonus wake up![br]IMO low power devices, such as DAC shall have analogue volume control and battery power. Why buy into preamps, power conditioners and power chords these days ?

Sorry guys, I'm not a developer, not Andy, just a user who likes this player. :)

I think there is problem with asio4all driver I remember something similar happened to me. You meant you can't choose digital out in asio4all panel right? If yes then I thing first you should unselect digital out as default device in Windows sound control panel. Don't have any SPDIF devices around now. Can't check myself.

Anyway good luck.

Cheers.

Hi Peter,

Couldn't resist, I just had to register to answer :).

No It wasn't me. I wouldn't do that :) Haven't compared XXHE with my player yet.

If I do someday you will be one of the first to know my opinion!

You even linked to my posts, I'm flattered :).

Promise I will try your latest version.

Andy

Oops, sorry ! Clearly a huge mistake. But no damage done.

I guess the direct "zip" made me think it could have been you, and then I saw the "andy" links which I didn't even notice in the first place.

You should be flattered. Not many like you around ...

Kind regards,

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

The question is about computer players, but it's worth noting that Asset UPnP is a UPnP server which has a transcoding option. So if you have a UPnP player, you can maintain a flac library, with all the tagging benefits, and transcode to wav before sending to your UPnP player, if that's your preference. There are other transcoding options too.