IGNORED

Article: Wilson Audio TuneTot Review

On 10/19/2021 at 2:07 PM, coot said:

Thanks for this review, Chris. I wish you had put them on the stands and commented on that sound as that's how I would use them. Would it be even better?

Great review, Chris--thanks!  I just bought a pair on stands for my main system (replacing B&W 805s).  As you wrote, they are jaw dropping.  I am absolutely blown away by the smoothness, life-like imaging, musicality, and scale (albeit with a sub).  As you wrote, they are a Ferrari.  I used to think that someday I would really "need" floor standers, that is no longer the case.  Even if I had zero space constraints, I can't think of a floor stander that can touch these at the price.  (Wait, did I just assert $13K is a bargain...)

Coot, to your question--I'm pretty sure they are even better on the stands than they are on the desk.  They benefited hugely from dealer setup/placement, especially the imaging.  Mine are only a foot or so from the wall, but even within that small distance, stands give much more freedom of placement.  I also recommend a subwoofer, and make sure to get dealer assistance with integration. 

I am using a B&W DB3D (with other components in my profile page).  It is a very good sub and sounds great with the TuneTots, but my choice is an accident of history--the B&W subs are designed to integrate easily with B&W speakers, and I purchased the DB3D to mate with my B&W 805s.  (This was absolutely true--mating within the B&W family is easy for just about anyone)  If I did not have the B&W already, I would have been drawn to the JL Fathom that my dealer had the TTs matched with in his demo room. 

But among the strong subwoofer manufacturers, I think the most important issue with adding a sub to the TTs is professional integration--there are too many interdependent variables for an amateur to optimize. 

Good luck!

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys, I can finally say that I have the new Wilson Audio Lōkē active subwoofer! I will review it with the TuneTots soon. 

I look forward to your review, but sadness has set in.  I love my new TuneTots on stands, and was hoping to trade up from my B&W sub on the rumors of this coming soon.  But YIKES! that thing is big, at least compared to TTs or other subs one might place in a small room.  21" high, 22" deep--if my room could take that, I'd have gone with Sabrinas or Yvettes 😳