IGNORED

Best Ethernet Cards for Streaming

8 hours ago, One and a half said:

If the noise travels back to the source, won't that stop the noise travelling to the destination? This is how standard EMC/RFI filters work.

That should theoretically be the case. However, this is not the case. In my measurements, I could see that certain frequencies decrease in the receiver, but only a bit. You can still see a lot of it. But it's better than no reduction - so the way back via the cable shielding is helpful.

Thanks for the paper - I have to find some time to review it.

• 1 month later...

Hi @TomJ, thanks for the extensive testing and it's enlighten to read thru the measured result.

I'm looking to replace my music server NIC from the onboard to the Intel i350-T2v2 or T4v2...I looked at the measured result they are comparable, and if what I am going to use its the Music Server (e.g. Roon Core with HQPlayer) and not the Roon/NAA endpoint that connect to the DAC would it makes any material difference?

Many thanks

21 hours ago, paradis said:

Hi @TomJ, thanks for the extensive testing and it's enlighten to read thru the measured result.

I'm looking to replace my music server NIC from the onboard to the Intel i350-T2v2 or T4v2...I looked at the measured result they are comparable, and if what I am going to use its the Music Server (e.g. Roon Core with HQPlayer) and not the Roon/NAA endpoint that connect to the DAC would it makes any material difference?

Many thanks

from experience yes, smaller than for the NAA endpoint, but still noticable

21 hours ago, paradis said:

Many thanks

Hi Paradis,

According to my research, it is crucial that the end point receives a clean signal with as less common mode noise as possible, so this makes a difference. How big this difference is, of course, depends on the rest of your chain. If you supply the DAC with fiber Toslink, the difference may be less than if you feed it via USB, as the interference can be passed on here.

Best regards,

Eric