IGNORED

Battery Powered LPS (other than MP-U1)

CAMSHAFT

On 10/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, CAMSHAFT said:

Are there any battery powered LPS besides the Musical Paradise MP-U1? Looking to power a Chord Qutest in a car. @Middy and @dmance are tracking this. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236162336799519/permalink/1336496760099399/

??? Why not use a well regulated battery supply. Makes no sense that you are thinking to power a transformer design with DC voltage.. that needs AC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 hours ago, Middy said:

It can run a little warm on the Qutest, well my older LPS1 does but within specs but as this is for a Car system I'd check with Alex C so you don't cause an issue if its tucked away inside the car boot/trunk... But that's a great idea @davide256

It does take it about 30 seconds to charge up. I suspect in a car system you might want it and the Qutest in the drivers area as you have to depress that little ball

to turn the Qutest on/off, wouldn't want to drain the cars battery + generate heat by leaving the LPS 1.2 charging after exiting the vehicle.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 hours ago, CAMSHAFT said:

I guess with a DC-DC and convertor cord I could add an Uptone. 

Screenshot_20211011-121700_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20211011-121723_Amazon Shopping.jpg

A DC voltage regulator capable of handling 12v in and outputting 7-9 V is what I would suggest, the SMPS that comes with an LPS 1.2 outputs 7.5 volts, not sure how many amps. Amazon has several ~ $25. You could also use a DC to AC converter to feed the stock SMPS if your car still has a cigarette lighter socket to plug one into

Regards,

Dave

Audio system