IGNORED

Stereo Setup. Need Recommendations.

PaperbackWriter

I'm with Dave--the Sony and Sonos are not audiophile products.  The money you'll be paying them for wireless capabilities and marketing will be money they did not spend on getting you the best sound. 

Schiit is excellent for DAC, and you definitely need a DAC.  But I don't think Schiit has an amp within your $1500 total budget.  I would go with an NAD D 3020 for a DAC/amp combo, or even better would be a Schiit DAC and an NAD C316BCC.  I think this will leave enough for B&W 600 Series bookshelf speakers.  My first audiophile system was similar to this recommendation--I was stunned how much better it sounded than mass market components it replaced.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, PaperbackWriter said:

I appreciate all the recommendations. Maybe I confused some with my OP, but am looking to set up a wired system from my PC and not wireless. I conducted alittle more research and found two speaker models that I really like, even though they are above my price point. The two I like are Goldenear BRX and Dynaudio Evoke 10s. I would like to hear what you guys think about these speakers. Also, what type of integrated amplifier should I use? I would like to keep it at $1,000 or less for the amp, but could go more if it really makes a difference. Again, thanks for the help. 

Great!  I have not heard either of the speakers, but both are excellent audiophile brands.  Of course, I applaud your decision to be wired.

I'm sticking with my previous recommendations on NAD integrated amps--they are hard to beat for $1000 or less.  Although when you say "what type of integrated", I am a bit confused.

When you say you could spend more if it really makes a difference--if you go with the good audiophile brands under discussion, it will make a difference in sound quality, assuming you are not adding features (which can drive up the price with no change in sound quality).  But I think you're off to a good start here with Goldenear, Dynaudio, NAD, Schiit--you'll get very good sound for the money, and you can upgrade down the road if the bug keeps biting you

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@PaperbackWriter

Buy a BLUESOUND POWERNODE (N330), and just add speakers 😀

….and maybe a sub.

But that would use scarce dollars on the streamer that already exists in the PC and multiroom which will not be used...

At the entry level, it's critical to avoid extra features

I love the sub idea for a future upgrade when more cash becomes available--REL T5i or T7i