IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

2 hours ago, Miska said:

No so much, especially with typical processed loudness wars RedBook. A bit of hard digital clipping commonly prominent on modern recordings is enough to trigger it.

Sorry, I had not included hard digital clipping in the universe of real (band limited) music, my bad. Yes of course hard digital clipping can look very much like a square waveform!  Here is the right channel of track 4 from 2008 Magnetic Death (sorry Metallica fans) which is notorious for its place in the loudness wars. Blue is original, Red is upsampled 16x. The levels are different because of the gain reduction to avoid clipping due to inter-sample-overs.

image.thumb.png.07038b8252db5743898f47634eacda81.png

2 hours ago, Miska said:

In addition, it is right where many metal dome tweeters have +20 dB resonance peak.

I'm not fond of having constant 22.05 kHz whine, especially at +20 dB levels.

But then again 'ringing forever' and 'constant whining' are not true either unless the whole of the music track looks like above.

Here is a snapshot from few seconds later and no 'ringing' and it quite easy to guess which of the two one would rather listen to.

image.thumb.png.5ffe7c95a221fd047bd814debe5efaa3.png

I will stop here perhaps further discussions need to happen outside of this thread.

Author of PGGB & RASA, remastero

Update: PGGB Plus (PCM + DSD) Now supports both PCM and DSD, with much improved memory handling

Free: foo_pggb_rt is a free real-time upsampling plugin for foobar2000 64bit; RASA is a free tool to do FFT analysis of audio tracks

SystemTT7 PGI 240v + Power Base > Paretoaudio Server [SR7T] > Adnaco Fiber [SR5T] >VR L2iSE [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Infinity PC]> QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation RCA> Omega CAMs, JL Sub, Vox Z-Bass/ /LCD-5/[QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation PC] KGSSHV Carbon CC, Audeze CRBN