IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

+100

I hold out hope that this Mark Twain quote will ring true for me when my 10 year old gets a little older.

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Don't tell my Dad but, that describes me...

A good example of my 10 year old these days...

Yesterday at breakfast we were eating cheerios and I noticed that some of them were heart shaped. When I mentioned this fact she let out a sigh and said, Yeah, it says it right on the box...

In my defense, I hadn't yet had my morning coffee.

No electron left behind.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

One thing that could be really nice is to do what Aurender does with Constellation and a couple other manufacturers. 

I plug a USB cable from an Aurender server into my Constellation all analog preamp. The Aurender app then shows buttons for volume, mute, input and phase. These send rs232 commands from the Aurender to the preamp over USB. It’s fantastic. 

If some server manufacturers can work with T+A, it wouldn’t be very tough to get working. 

That sounds like an amazing idea!

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, CharlieR said:

+1 this would be amazing, but as i2s only uses the hdmi form factor there is probably more going behind the scenes than just a firmware update could solve. 

I had the hdmi card installed at the factory but would still love i2s so a solution that could handle both would be amazing if possible (I would be ok with paying for a custom firmware for the hdmi card, or if a new card is necessary it would be great if we could keep one port for ARC and one port for i2s)

Actaully, there is no standard for i2s, so it can use any connector, even ethernet.

No electron left behind.