IGNORED

Article: The Denafrips Design Philosophy Part 1

Thanks @The Computer Audiophile. Interesting article and good discussions.

Just one thing I hope we see in the follow-up articles. Can Mr. Zhao show us some graphs and diagrams so we can appreciate more clearly what is being discussed, particularly the magnitude of the effect he's talking about as an engineer where possible?

Too often in the audiophile world, we're fed words which can only go so far. While I agree that small differences might leave measurements "vastly unchanged", why not focus on the measurements that actually could and do change (eg. "digital noise generated by each process", jitter, distortion, etc. that Denafrips might be trying to address)? My concern is that if it's all "subjective" and totally unobjectifiable, then I think that's a bit problematic from an engineering perspective; we don't need an engineer to write an article about this if that's all it is!

Also, more specifics would be useful. For example:

"We have seen some great audio designers, who do not use sophisticated test equipment. Simply, they make use of the basic oscilloscopes, signal generators, multimeters, as well as judging the sound with their ears, while designing the products. The products they developed, sounded much better than those developed with advanced equipment."

Can we have an example of what this means? Does this apply to DACs? Any hint as to which one(s) specifically are being suggested here? I think enquiring minds need to know (and perhaps to check out for ourselves!).

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.