IGNORED

Best DAC for less than 2500 euros, New or used ?

I think it’s very hard to really give good advice for @Ozan Bolat because we know so little about your personal DAC preferences. Moreover, I think system integration is important. And if you’re transitioning from CDs & SACDs to a computer-based audio playback, understanding in the long term how you plan on setting up your computer audio system would also change my advice.

But from what I’ve read so far, the first thing to understand is that there is no true pure playback as in CD is not played back as pure PCM and SACD is no longer truly played back as pure 2.822MHz with 1-element DSD. So I really don’t think you should say I love SACDs so I refuse to get an R2R DAC or I love CD/PCM so I have to get an R2R DAC.

Second, even though I find most people who love their SACD player usually love DSD/PWM based DACs, e.g. PS Audio, I have also seen those people go in other directions, e.g. Chord Qutest, or R2R DACs that other people mentioned.

Third, If you want to do room correction, you can certainly get DAC/preamp which has Dirac included or you can do it in software on your own. But once again, that involves not just thinking about the DAC but it involves about how you want your new system to look. For example, if you don’t listen to vinyl, you may have zero need for a preamplifier so it may be better to sell your current preamplifier and just get a DAC with digital/analog volume control. 

What I would suggest for @Ozan Bolat if you want better advice is:

1) Share your entire system with us, e.g. brands and model of headphones, speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, preamplifiers, and the broken SACD player. In fact, if you have room setup info or actual measurements of your speakers in the room, sometimes, it’s beneficial to share.

2) Tell us what you’re thinking of when you get this new DAC in terms of computer audio hookup. Are you thinking of running a desktop or a laptop connected to the DAC? Are you thinking of a network streamer? Or maybe you’re thinking you’ll just play the files off your iPhone/iPad into the DAC? Where are you planning to store all your SACDs ripped files? Are they going to be on the external hard drives that has extra power supply or that runs on the USB port? Are they going to be on a NAS that your desktop/laptop access? Or are all the music files going on a laptop that you can travel with you everywhere?

I know even reading my own post that I sound a little over the top.

But let me give you an example, I personally think Chord Qutest is the best DAC to buy in your price range but, I’m well aware that it can be more sensitive to ground loop leakage current noise than other DACs so running a battery-powered laptop or iPad USB into Chord Qutest into an integrated amp would sound fantastic. My friend runs his Chord Qutest using Toslink to avoid ground noise. But a different system setup can make the DAC sound underwhelming which is one of the many reasons you see people upgrading to a linear power supply of the Chord Qutest, mostly without realizing that they’re not really improving the power supply but mostly they’re just minimizing the ground loop leakage current noise.

As a total aside, I’ve seen people go through the questions I asked, and finally they realize, all of this is too much work and they just decided to buy a new SACD player (which nowadays usually has USB input option to future proof the player) and they’re back to enjoying their music right away.

28 minutes ago, Ozan Bolat said:

Many questions after weekend ! CD/SACD player was Marantz SA8003 and I can not split my Mac Intosh (integrated MA252) to sell the preamp and am a guy listening mainly acoustic jazz piano is important for me. At the moment I'm really looking forward @GoldenOne's review of the Spring as new stuff category good at both CD and SACD source and with used T+A still considered

In this case, I think anything you buy in your price range would be a big upgrade over your SA8003. Spring & used T+A sound like good options. But so are every other DACs listed in this thread so far. Buy what you like. You’ll love it.

5 hours ago, Ozan Bolat said:

If HQP I will use our family i9 iMac and if necessary the IT guy in my company is willing to help make a little cheap retired secondary computer work NAA nearby the DAC

Sounds like you already have a solid plan. Mac + HQPlayer into Spring/used T+A DAC into your current system. 

It’ll sound awesome. You probably just need to make that leap of faith and buy a DAC and enjoy the sound.