IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

FWIW, after using the trial version of Roon, I could see no justification for its high cost. Moreover, I was not particularly enamoured of its display interface. After acquiring HQPlayer years ago, which provided a significant improvement in SQ, I have been more than satisfied using HQPD Control, Ales Prochazka's free Android app. Not only does it address my need for a user friendly HQPlayer interface, support from Ales has always been both prompt and helpful.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

6 hours ago, biosailor said:

My question is, do I get the ‚real‘ sound quality of HQP when combining it with Roon, or does Roon have a hand in the game and still influences HQP‘s sound in any way?

Roon, as an interface, contributes no beneficial influence on the SQ provided by HQPlayer. OTOH, the experience of others indicates that HQPlayer running without Roon may provide superior SQ.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron