IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 15

Thank you, @Blake! If you don't mind, I'd love to hear more about your Blue Circle gear and how you found them, and why you chose them vis a vis other brands. I hope you won't mind sharing because we all hear so differently and w/ personal preferences and with room particularities. Lately I've been wondering/reading about esoteric brands with strong "word of ear" followers like Blue Circle.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

@Blake Thank you for the background and Blue Circle links–indeed, I wrote Bob just a few days ago and yep, Gilbert is done. 

To your point, it definitely seems that once you find your gear, you set out to build around that sound. However in my case, I only got as far as a BC noise filter, lol! I have to say that I heard it work which to be honest, I didn't really expect it to work, let alone hear it! Glad there are mavericks like Gilbert in the world.

As it happens, I just heard the Denafrips Pontus II and I had high expectations based on reviews. Well, color me impressed, expectations exceeded! I immediately started thinking about how to make a Venus II happen! I note from your signature that you've got the Qutest as well, and I also just heard that unit as well; it is outstanding in my system/room.

Thanks again!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.