IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

I used Audirvana a long time ago and then switched to Roon for the past 5 years or so. I decided to give Studio a try this week.

First, I like the pricing. It's about 1/2 the cost of Roon. And you can do a full month with a full product for Free. So, trying it is totally risk free. Then if you want to subscribe you can go monthly, cancel any time, or pay a reduced cost for a full year. NICE!

Setup was initially confusing - but not difficult. I'd say the learning curve is less than one day of using the software. I use a SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo network streamer and I couldn't easily find instructions for this. But with more dedicated looking I found enough info to make is work easily.

It sounds great. Does it sound better than Roon or Roon with HQ Player? I kind of think so, but I haven't used it long enough to be sure. I like to use a product for a week or so before going back to the other product I'm comparing with.

There are some features in Roon that I'm missing in Studio - but It could be just my inexperience with the GUI.

If you haven't given Audirvana Studio a test I think you owe it to yourself to give it a one month Free trial.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3

As a new user to Audirvana Studio, coming from Roon, I love the sound quality of AS, but miss many of the convenient search and filtering features. Like choosing "Most Played" to see all my Qobuz Favorites in order of the most plays. I also miss seeing the number of plays on each track of an album.

I know AS is still developing and adding features - I'd be happiest with the AS sound quality and Roon interface features - or something similar.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3