IGNORED

MMK on late 2011 mini - NO power

Hello,

I just finished installing the MMK on my 2011 mini.  Plugged into an Sbooster set at 12V (3A) and the sbooster keeps shutting down and the mini does not power up. As soon as I slightly remove the connector from the back of the mini, sboosters powers up again. Looks like it shorting out?  Only installed the one nut in the back to hold the main connection.

I use the Sbooster on my SMS-200 with no issues. The only piece left over is the tiny white plastic washer, that somehow got missed.

Any idea on where to start and what to look for? I'm at a total loss.  Appreciate any input. 

Alex > sent in an email on this, but not sure when someone will look at it.

Ed

Hi Ed:

Saw your e-mail from last night.  Will get back to you shortly.

Sounds like you have a bad cable from the SBooster to the MMK. Either shorted or wired with incorrect polarity.

There is nothing to fail on an MMK board as far as the 12V main feed. It just passes it through to the Mac mini’s main logic board.  So as long as you installed everything correctly it should be fine.

As mentioned in my earlier reply to you, the 12V/3A SBooster supply will not have enough current to boot your Mac mini and keep it from shutting down.  But I do understand that you have some other issue going on with connection of it to our MMK.

We’ll help you sort it out.

—Alex C.

Hi Alex thanks for both replies.

I did hook up the SMS-200 to SBOOSTER and both light up. Uses exactly the same barrel. Only difference is that on the 200, barrel goes 80/90% and on the MMK 100% depth wise.

So maybe it’s something that came off. Appreciate any guidance as to what to look for first, or do I have to start from scratch?

Ed

7 hours ago, tubegem said:

Hi Alex thanks for both replies.

I did hook up the SMS-200 to SBOOSTER and both light up. Uses exactly the same barrel. Only difference is that on the 200, barrel goes 80/90% and on the MMK 100% depth wise.

So maybe it’s something that came off. Appreciate any guidance as to what to look for first, or do I have to start from scratch?

Ed

there are nothing wrong on your Mac mini nor Sbooster, I have a Mac mini had the same issue ... unless the LPS 12v is greater than "5A", otherwise, Mac mini can't power up ... or shut down after a minute.

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u