IGNORED

Internet blind comparison of two USB cables

pkane2001

I would suggest that whomever does the digital capture compares the captured files to confirm that they are hearing a similar difference to what they hear in their system.  If they do not, then that needs to be solved for before doing any blinded survey.  I appreciate the spirit of this test and interested to see the outcome, but best to not have the interpretation devolve into a debate about whether the results apply to the capture methodology, vs whether the results apply to the cables under test.  

(bias disclosure: I've done tests with friends with Lush^2 cables in my living room (I knew which cable was which, they did not), and differences were obvious and consistent, both against stock cables and between some Lush^2 configurations).

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

If helpful, if someone were willing to loan me an appropriate ADC, I'm happy to devote an afternoon to capturing files from these tests (both direct from laptop, and from an optimized source)  I would then ask one of the civilians in the house to rename the files and load them for playback, and report whether I can hear differences between them.  

As a bonus, I'm doing a lot with upsampling for signal reconstruction.  It would be interesting to have quality ADC captures of 1fs content vs 16fs content and see what the ADC shows us.

(note: this is an OS X house, so I'd appreciate if any loaners have capture software that runs on OS X, although I could check around for a windows laptop if need be)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers